half price drinks for ladies

Seeking Real Estate Agent

Condos, Apartments, Houses, Timeshares... Vacation or Long-term, for Rent or for Sale or Wanted in and around Puerto Vallarta.

Moderator: freeeye

Seeking Real Estate Agent

Postby kiko » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 pm

We plan to relocate to PV area from the Guadalajara area and are seeking an experienced real estate agent who can work with us. We want to stay out of the tourist areas, noise, and bar scene. Someone with experience in older well established neighborhoods that are relatively quiet. Mountain views would be great. If anyone can recommend some colonias to get us started, we would be in debt to you.

We both speak intermediate Spanish and are well immersed in the Mexican culture having lived here full-time for 12 years.

Un mil gracias.
Last edited by kiko on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiko

Re: Seeking Real Estate Agent

Postby kcowan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:15 pm

This is exactly what Jim Scherrer of PVREBA.com does. A buyers agent with no listings.

Jim Scherrer
www.PVREBA.com
Affiliations: REBAC, NAEBA, ICREA, TRC
MX 322-221-5414 MX cell 044-322-191-2825
US & Canada toll free: 1-800-525-1743
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby kiko » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:25 pm

Thank you for the reply Kcowan.
kiko

Postby kiko » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Can any members here recommend neighborhoods in the PV area that are away from the areas that the tourists frequent? We are looking for a middle class family Mexican neighborhood. Not interested in a densely populated expat or tourist area. (If I see one more MAGA gimme cap in Mexico I think we may move to South America.)

We are just a couple of retired Americans with some health issues and would like a quiet (quiet=oxymoron in Mexico) area with some shopping and medical areas within reasonable distance. Been looking at Bucerias, Las Gaviotas, and Fluvial. Prepping for a second look in a few weeks. Thanks.
Last edited by kiko on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiko

Postby kcowan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:56 am

I know families that own in Aramara, Fluvial and Versailles. Those are in order of increasing costs. Versailles has the most variety. All 3 BR with parking.
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby Marcos » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:05 am

kcowan wrote:I know families that own in Aramara, Fluvial and Versailles. Those are in order of increasing costs. Versailles has the most variety. All 3 BR with parking.

My wife and I live in Aramara ... not to be confused with Palmar de Aramara which is closer to the cruise ship terminal ... and love it.

Walmart/Sams/the Palmar de Aramara market are within walking distance as is San Javier hospital. There's a Farmacia Benevides, an OXXO and a few other shops across the main drag.

Most of the homes were built in the early-to-mid-70s. Most are 1-storey, 4 bedrooms (2 of the bedrooms are VERY SMALL) and 1 bath and are about 800-900 square feet in size.

I would probably describe the colonia as lower-middle-class Mexican ... in that only about 50% of the families own cars. There are only about 5 gringo families living in the colonia. The colonia is very small, only about 3 blocks E-W and 7 blocks N-S and very quiet. We live one block off the main drag (Priscillino Sanchez) and can barely hear the traffic.

It is doubtful that you'd be able to find a "turn-key, move-in-ready" house (ours isn't for sale, lol) in the colonia as many of the homes have never been updated by their owners.
Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right ... But Three Lefts Do!
Marcos

Postby kiko » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Thanks we will look in Aramara. We don't mind some minor remodeling,
kiko

Return to Rentals & Real Estate