Tacon D' Marlin

Information on what's in season, new finds, recipes, etc.

Tacon D' Marlin

Postby Newcomer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:22 am

Came to PV for the first time in November. Had a fantastic time little far from the UK, but was worth it.

Now we went to Eat at Tacon D' Marlin (excuse the spelling), I had a smoked Marlin Burrito, I have to say that it was the best thing I have ever eaten. I tried many many excellent restaurants while there, but just couldn't keep away from this place.

I have searched the internet for a recipe for the Smoked Marlin Burritos, however nothing has come up. As you can imagine I need my fix of this burrito again!!!

Does anyone out there have a recipe for this? and also on the side there is a green sauce, what is this sauce called.
Newcomer

Postby Juliana » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:07 am

The restaurant is actually called Tacon de Marlyn and they are closed on Sundays.

I missed going there both times this trip since I flew on that day. :(

They have the best shrimp burrito I have ever eaten! :D
Juliana

Re: Tacon D' Marlin

Postby avid » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:07 am

Newcomer wrote:Now we went to Eat at Tacon D' Marlin (excuse the spelling),

Where is this located? Thanks!
David
Ashland, OR
avid

Tacon de Marlyn

Postby Juliana » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:09 am

Just over the pedestrian bridge from the airport. You will often see flight crews trekking across to grab a quick bite there. The food really is wonderful.
Juliana

Postby freeeye » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:24 am

I always try to get to the airport an hour or so early so I can cross the bridge and have one last meal worth remembering. All they serve is burritos. And they are all great.

I don't know what the green sauce is, but it's good.

There's also a Tacon de Marlyn restaurant downtown by Ley's supermarket on Peru but I haven't eaten there.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby rabihorcada » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:06 pm

The green sauce tastes like a mild guacamole salsa, with a crema and avocado base.

There is another place that serves absolutely incredible smoked marlin burritos on the southside. It is on the east corner of Aguacate and the street south of Basilio Badillo. I cannot remember the name of the place. They have an excellent sauce for theirs also, only it is red. Tastes chipotliish. Has some nice sidewalk tables with orchids and a garden and indoors is kinda like a house.
Last edited by rabihorcada on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabihorcada
Site Admin

Postby avid » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Note to self, get to the airport early!
David
Ashland, OR
avid

Next

Return to Food | Eat | Drink